Friday, November 2, 2012

Website Layout

I'm thinking my five tabs will include: Home, History, Memes, Parodies, Other Websites.

Home:

      This page will include the basic introduction that we included in the previous post. I will talk about Channing Tatum's reputation and what parodies and comical representations that has brought about in New Media. I will maybe include a couple of of brief image glimpses of the four things I'm going to be talking in the other tabs.
      In this page I might talk a little bit about Numerical Representation and how that is the process that makes new media possible. Through Numerical Representation and coding a more inclusive and involved form of communication is made possible.

History:

      I would talk a little bit about Channing Tatum's biography and history in getting to where he is today. In doing so, I'd discuss his childhood and career history. This would almost be some kind of timeline. This would of course also include some pictures of childhood and earlier job positions
      Variability seems like a good topic to tie in with this sub-category. With new-media, the order of the timeline can be manipulated, if new information comes about. It is so adaptable that nothing you write is is something that needs to be set in stone.

Memes:
      Here, I'll introduce the types of memes about Channing Tatum. I'll explain a little bit about what Memes are and what effect they have on society. I'll talk about the themes that memes about Tatum seems to have. I'll include quite a variety of visuals here.
      Here, I'll use Manovich's concept of Automation. Most memes are created through the use of a pre made template. Such templates are an example of Automation--or shortcuts to the codes that create New Media.

Parodies:
      Parodies about Channing Tatum include videos, jokes, fan art, and highlights by comedians and talk show hosts. I'll talk about how these parodies strip Channing Tatum's reputation and display the real Channing Tatum and how the general audience perceives him.
      Modularity might be a good fit for this topic. New Media is the idea of building blocks. I thought this would be a good fit because in a way, his reputation is already developed and the type of parody about him has become a consistent style. Because of this, new parodies start to become new building blocks that are stacked on top of each other.

Other Websites:
      Here, I'll introduce all kinds of new links about Channing Tatum and talk about the idea of what's out there about him and his career and reputation. This will also show the audience that is connected to Channing Tatum.
      Transcoding is the perfect here. Links in New Media allow for connectivity. This is what I hope to do with this page.


3 comments:

  1. I like yours stepanie. I used yours as kind of a template for mine, how you incorporated the five principles of manovich, that was the hardest part for me. I think you will have a fun time making this, cause your's will have a lot of visuals. I like all the parodies and memes, since it is a pop culture subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was kind of my goal, so i'm glad you see it! hehe. I wanted a fun project to minimize all of the other painfully dull ones I have in my 7 other classes. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think your idea to include pictures or something on the home page that indicate what will be covered on the other pages is great. i feel confident we will all be able to construct perfectly delightful and effective pages- what i am eager to see (and anxious/nervous to do myself) will be the aesthetic organization of it all. i mean, obviously we've just scratched the surface of html and css coding- but there are still so many things we've learned! so many options and methods and colors and fonts and oh my god!!!! j/k. i'm not really freaking out. ;)

    ReplyDelete