Sunday, September 16, 2012

Blog Post #2

I have chosen to have my website topic be Apple Product Rumors. There are websites and videos posted online all over the world and in a myriad of different languages that are devoted to guessing and reporting what the next Apple products will be. The website that I have chosen to review is www.macrumors.com

This site does have a number of links, but very few are to external sites. Most of the links are to other pages within the site itself. The very few that are to outside sites are to other Apple news sites and other associated rumors sites. The purpose of this site is executed well, every link that you can click on has to do with something related to Apple. This adds to the value of the site because there are other sites that have more direct access to all things Apple and having their site link to those others allows the readers pull out juicier details that they might not get on this particular rumors site.

The links are not web address inserted into the text, like I did in my first paragraph. If there is a keyword in one of the stories that they are running that has to do with another story on another companion site, they will make that word clickable and turn it blue. When you click on the word it will open up a new tab or window and take you to that direct story. I think that this can be a good and a bad thing. It took me a while to figure out that there were any links on the site because they were embedded within each article. But, when you do figure it out it lets you enhance your reading of the article with more info on the selected keyword.

4 comments:

  1. great idea. it would be a little ambitious for me- but good for you. and good analysis of the site you checked out. with such a good site already in existence, do you think you'll try mimicking it? improving upon it? how do you think you'll go about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually been thinking of something different. You actually took the words right out of my mouth dani! Too serious it is! I think I will change mine to Rachel black and her song Friday. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! I love this. I feel like this will be an interesting challenge. I'm gonna say it's pretty safe to say that our group's theme is a break from academic style. Though Dani, Brady, and I have chosen less serious topics, for that exact reason, I feel like you'll have more of a fun and challenging time trying to transcribe something from the world of academics into this blogging world. Super excited to follow this process too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay Stephanie, Dani, and Brady maybe you can help me with this. I, by nature love academic writing and am pretty serious in everything I do. This challenge to do something less serious is a little more difficult for me. I want to go along with the theme that the group has because I think it will be fun and a challenge not only for the group, but for myself to lighten up a bit :) These are my ideas, Let me know which one you guys think would be the most fun, best fit, etc: French rap (my fave music), The Rebecca Black friday video (worst song ever!), Learning a language, PC vs. MAC. Thanks guys for your help in advance!

    ReplyDelete